Residential Solid Waste Collection
SOLID WASTE COLLECTION for the Town of Duck is provided by Waste Management, Inc. Solid Waste should be put in existing BLACK AND BROWN waste containers.
Collection days are as follows:
- May 1st through September 30th; Mondays & Fridays (twice per week).
- October 1st through April 30th; Mondays (once per week).
Please note the 2016 holiday scheduling:
Week of Memorial Day – Monday, May 30, 2016 and Friday, June 3, 2016 – No Collection.
Collection to occur: Tuesday, May 31 and Saturday, June 4.
Week of Independence Day – Monday, July 4, 2016 and Friday, July 8, 2016 – No Collection.
Collection to occur: Tuesday, July 5 and Saturday, July 9.
Week of Labor Day – Monday, September 5, 2016 and Friday, September 9, 2016 – No Collection.
Collection to occur: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 and Saturday, September 10.
Items To Remember
- Rental properties are required to have a minimum of two (2) approved solid waste containers.
- To avoid missed residential collections, individuals are advised to place the solid waste container at the curbside the night prior or on the day of collection no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Position the waste container with the opening towards the street, within three (3) feet of the road.
- A three to four (3-4) foot clearance should be maintained between waste containers to ensure that collection equipment has access to the container(s).
- Do not place construction debris, rocks, dirt, shingles, or concrete in your waste container, as these materials are too heavy to be lifted by the collection equipment.
- Health and safety hazards may occur if containers are overflowing and rubbish exceeds the container capacity. Please do not overload.
- Do not leave any trash outside of the waste container or it will not be collected.
- Once trash has been collected, the waste container must be relocated from the street to under or alongside the house no later than 12:00 midnight on the day of collection.
REPORT MISSED COLLECTIONS OR REQUEST REPLACEMENT CANS
If your trash pick-up was missed on your regular collection day, you should contact the Town Office immediately at (252) 255-1234. Reports of missed collections must be received the same service day by 10:00 a.m. or service may not be available until the next scheduled pick-up. Please note that rental properties are required to have a minimum of two (2) solid waste containers.
To report lost or damaged cans, or to request extra containers, please contact the Town Office at (252) 255-1234 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Town will supply extra cans to meet the minimum requirement of two (2) solid waste cans, however, if you wish to have or need more than 2 cans at your property, you will need to purchase them directly from Waste Management. To purchase additional cans from Waste Management, please call 855-964-2845. You will need to reference a town wide account number: 425-26029. If you have any difficulties ordering extra cans, please contact the Town Office at the number or email listed above and we will be glad to assist you.