Thanks for a great 2019 Jazz Festival!
- Leroy Jones QuintetLegendary jazz trumpeter Leroy Jones is known to music lovers as the “keeper of the flame” for traditional New Orleans jazz and to critics as one of the top musicians ever produced by the Crescent City.
- Benny Green TrioCombine mastery of keyboard technique with decades of real world experience playing with no one less than the most celebrated artists of the last half century, and it’s no wonder Green has been hailed as perhaps the most exciting hard-swinging, hard-bop pianist to ever emerge from Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers.
- Caroline DavisMobile since her birth in Singapore, composer and saxophonist Caroline Davis lives in Brooklyn, New York. Her debut album, Live Work & Play, was featured on All About Jazz’s best releases, and she was named one of JazzTimes’ Best New Artists in 2012.
- Andrew Sanchez & His Hip SixAs an educator and composer of music, Sanchez bridges the gap of American jazz and Western classical music in his compositions to appeal to wider audiences and to educate the idea of “music is just music” to strictly single-genre artists.
- Sidecar Social ClubSpirited, stylish and engaging, Sidecar Social Club is a shot of whiskey hitting your veins. Soaring through numerous genres effortlessly, their energetic sets take you to colorful and surprising places.
- Triangle Youth Jazz EnsembleThe Triangle Youth Jazz Ensemble is one of the groups sponsored by the non-profit Philharmonic Association, Inc. whose mission is to provide an opportunity for young musicians to learn, understand, and perform all genres of great classical and jazz music
2019 jazz festival: october 12 & 13
Thursday, October 10
10:00 am Story Time/Rhythm Play
Saturday, October 12
4:00 – 6:00 PM Andrew Sanchez & His Hip Six Community Concert on the Green
Sunday, October 13:
10:00 AM Gates open for this free, non-ticketed festival in the Duck Town Park.
11:00 AM Full day of live music on two stages begins!
11:00 AM Sidecar Social Club
1:00 PM Caroline Davis
2:45 PM Benny Green Trio
5:00 PM Leroy Jones Quintet
12:00 PM Triangle Youth Jazz Ensemble
4:00 PM Andrew Sanchez interactive
2019 presenting sponsor
whole note sponsors
This project was supported by the North Carolina Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources, with funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.