TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
July 29th, 2019 – August 4th, 2019
Total Calls for Service: 298
- Officers issued 22 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 181 business checks were made. 1 unsecured door was found.
- 2 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Damage to Property (Cedar Drive)
A waste management truck damaged a parked vehicle at this location while in the commission of its duties. No one was injured during the event. Waste Management made contact with the victim and addressed the situation.
- Shoplifting (Duck Road)
A female was cited for concealing merchandise.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Station Bay Drive)
Two vehicle rear end collision occurred when a vehicle stopped in heavy traffic. The following vehicle failed to see the first vehicle stop. No injuries were reported.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Seabreeze Drive)
A vehicle turning right onto Duck Road from Seabreeze Drive failed to see oncoming northbound traffic. The vehicle pulled out onto Duck Road and was struck. No injuries were reported.