TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
Sep 7th, 2020 – Sep 13th, 2020
Total Calls for Service: 182
- Officers issued 3 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 90 business checks were made. 1 unsecured door was found.
- 1 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week. 1 unsecured door was found.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
• Domestic Dispute (Turnbuckle Court)
Officers responded to a report of a domestic in progress at this location. Upon arrival, officers found that one party involved had left the residence. The female stated there was an argument between her and her boyfriend. No physical assault occurred. The male was driven to the bus station in Elizabeth City by the female’s father.
• Domestic Dispute (Martin Lane)
Officers responded to a report of larceny prior to this location. The male stated that he and his wife had gotten into an argument and she left in an Uber with his wallet. Officers made contact with the wife, who stated she didn’t have her husband’s wallet but asked for a police escort back to the house to retrieve her belongings. When the wife arrived at the residence both parties decided to stay at the residence together. The husband was not certain his wife had his wallet and said he would look further for the missing wallet.
• Duck Road/Sandy Ridge Road
A deer ran into the side of a vehicle while traveling on Duck Road. Minor damage to the vehicle.
• Duck Road/Cook Drive
Report of a hit and run in Duck Deli parking lot. Reported that a Ford F-150 hit the rear of a parked car and left the scene. The investigation found that the truck did not hit the vehicle and the damage claimed to have been caused was there prior.
• Duck Road/Poteskeet Drive
Two vehicle collision in the parking lot of Loblolly Pines Shopping Center. Minor damage to both vehicles.