TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
September 28th, 2020 – October 4th, 2020
Total Calls for Service: 183
- Officers issued 8 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 110 business checks were made. No unsecured doors were found.
- No extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTERES
- Recovered Stolen Property
A citizen turned in a purse that was found on the beach. A Duck officer contacted the owner of the purse and was told the purse had been reported stolen to the Southern Shores Police Department. The property was turned over to the Southern Shores Police for further investigation.
- Larceny (Nor’ Banks Drive)
A stolen property report was generated for a cable box missing from a rental home. The homeowner advised the cable box was last known secure in May of this year.
- Parking Violations (Christopher Drive/Ocean Way)
Complaints continue to be fielded in reference to vehicles and golf carts being parked illegally at this intersection. Two golf carts were observed with one being removed by a rental company and a notice of violation placed on the second golf cart.
- Suspicious Person (Duck Road)
Officers observed a female sleeping on a picnic table in the park area. Upon speaking with the female, it was found she had an injured foot and required medical attention. Dare County EMS transported the female to the hospital.
- Governor’s Order Violation (Duck Road)
A complaint about Dockside in Duck Seafood employees not wearing face coverings was received through the Dare County COVID hotline.
- Littering/Nuisance (Duck Landing Lane)
The property manager called the police to report a unit being draped in toilet paper overnight. No damage was noted to the residence and no further incidents were observed.
- Duck Road/Dune Road
A minor collision was observed by officers prior to drivers calling for police. Parties wished to exchange information rather than file a police report. Minor property damage only.
- Duck Road
A vehicle was backing from a parking space and collided with the right rear of a vehicle that was exiting the parking lot.