TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
October 7th, 2019 – October 13th, 2019
Total Calls for Service: 208
- Officers issued 1 traffic enforcement action during the week.
- 134 business checks were made. No unsecured doors were found
- 3 extra patrol check was requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Breaking and Entering (Widgeon Drive)
A cottage cleaner noticed a sliding glass door on the top level of this residence shattered and requested law enforcement. Upon arrival, DPD found an unoccupied residence. It was determined that a chair was used to break the glass, however, no items appeared missing from the residence. This case remains under investigation.
- Larceny (West Charles Jenkins Lane)
The homeowner called to report kitchen dishes and utensils taken from his home. There was no forced entry and it is probable that the prior renters took these items.
- Community Policing
The Police Chief was invited to speak at the Schooner Ridge HOA meeting.
- No traffic crashes reported this week.