TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
March 9th, 2020 – March 15th, 2020
Total Calls for Service: 388
- Officers issued 20 traffic enforcement action during the week.
- 171 business checks were made. 3 unsecured doors were found.
- 1 extra patrol check was requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
- 140 property checks were conducted. 4 unsecure doors were found.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Suspicious Condition (Address Withheld for Privacy)
Homeowners informed police that dangerous subject police have been in contact with has been sending strange e-mails regarding recent events. The e-mails were turned over to police and forwarded to assisting federal agencies.
- Schedule Violation (Scarborough Lane)
Duck Officers responded to this address in response to a noise complaint. When they arrived, they found loud music coming from the pool area of the home. Upon making contact, one of the male subjects in the pool area was in possession of a bong and a grinder containing marijuana. Officers seized the marijuana and charged the individual with possession of drug paraphernalia. A warning was given for the noise violation.
- Injury to Real Property (Thrush Court)
Officers were called to assist in damage to the dune line by visitors at this property. Officers arrived to find a small hole dug into the dune line where a subject had been lounging. Police had the visitors fill the hole while property management staff filed for eviction. The visitors agreed to leave without incident.
- Drunk Disturbance (Fishbones Grill)
When officers arrived, the subject had already fled toward Southern Shores. Restaurant staff and patrons stated that an ex-employee showed up drunk and was accosting staff and attempted to go behind the bar. No physical assault had occurred though they felt one was imminent. The subject was located later at his home by Southern Shores police and banned from Fishbones property.
- No traffic crashes reported this week.