TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
March 29th, 2021 – April 4th, 2021
Total Calls for Service: 222
- Officers issued 5 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 133 business checks were made. 2 unsecured doors were found.
- No extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owner this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
• Warrant Service (Gannet Lane)
While attempting to serve Frederick Berger of Duck, NC with an arrest warrant for failing to appear in court on a prior criminal charge, Mr. Berger assaulted a Duck Police Officer and resisted arrest. Mr. Berger was taken into custody and transported to the Dare County Detention Center where he was charged with two counts of resist, delay, and obstruct and one count of assault on a police officer. Mr. Berger was released after posting a $6,000 secured bond.
• Vandalism (Ocean Crest Way)
Suspect painted graffiti on the road sometime between Thursday and Sunday morning. Officers responded but were unable to determine what the wording or designs were. The graffiti was most likely done using chalk or washable paint.
• Injury to Property (Sea Colony Drive/Duck Road)
Officers investigated a broken vehicle window. It was found that a nearby subject doing landscaping accidentally kicked up a rock that struck the moving vehicle. No crime occurred.
• No traffic crashed reported