TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
March 2nd, 2020 – March 8th, 2020
Total Calls for Service: 338
- Officers issued 7 traffic enforcement action during the week.
- 183 business checks were made. No unsecured doors were found.
- 111 residential property checks were made. 6 unsecured doors were found.
- No extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
• Fraud (Sea Colony Drive)
This property was seen on a Craigslist add for $100 a night plus a $200 refundable security deposit if paid in full at the time of the booking. After several emails the female became aware of a possible scam. The property was flagged through Craigslist and no money was exchanged.
• Medical Assist (Address Withheld for Privacy)
Duck Officers responded to this address in response to a medical call advising a 66-year-old male having a possible stroke. On arrival the subject was unresponsive. Officers immediately started life saving compressions and continued until relieved by Duck Fire/EMS. The male subject had a pulse and was transported but succumbed to his condition while en route to Kitty Hawk Medical for Dare Med Flight.
• Sun Realty Parking lot
A single, unoccupied truck rolled from a parked position in the parking lot and struck a parked, occupied vehicle. No injuries were reported, and minimal damage occurred to both vehicles.