TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
March 16th, 2020 – March 22nd, 2020
Total Calls for Service: 86
- Officers issued 2 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 30 business checks were made. 1 unsecured door was found.
- No extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
- 18 random property checks were conducted.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Suspicious Condition (Duck Road)
A report was filed in reference to a white male following two teenage girls making them feel uncomfortable. The male first observed the females at the Loblolly Pines Shops getting ice cream. He then followed them on bike to the park where the girls pulled in after seeing a family there. The male parked his bike and stared at the females and the reporting party making them feel uncomfortable. The male eventually left and headed towards Wings. The caller did not report the incident until 20 plus minutes later. Unable to locate the subject.
- Harassing Phone Calls (Duck Road)
A female worker at Village Tavern requested information regarding harassing phone calls from her ex-husband. She was provided with information in regard to obtaining a 50B/protection order.
- Improper Use of a Golf Cart and Profanity (Vivian Court)
Officers responded to the area after receiving a call regarding “kids” on a golf cart using foul language and driving reckless. Several (4-5) juveniles were located driving around on the golf cart. The driver was 12 years old. The situation was handled by taking them back to their parents and addressing the driving and language.
- No traffic crashes reported this week.