TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
June 25, 2018 – July 1, 2018
Total Calls for Service: 249
- Officers issued 17 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 95 business checks were made. No unsecured doors were found.
- 6 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Dispute (Scarborough Lane)
Treats were made and a heated argument ensued. Parties were separated and given information regarding a civil matter.
- Larceny (Dune Rd/Speckle Trout)
Beach items were taken from the walkover at Speckle Trout and Dune Rd after they were left on the side of the road to be picked up later. Upon returning the items were gone.
- Missing Person (Ships Watch)
Officers responded to Ships Watch for a male missing for over 2 hours. Duck Fire Department and Ocean Rescue assisted in the search. The individual was located.
- Larceny (Teresa Ct)
Golf cart battery taken from the property.
- Duck Rd/Tuckahoe Dr
Two vehicle rear end collision, property damage only. Front vehicle stopped in the area of the crosswalk and the following vehicle did not see it in time to stop before colliding.
- Beachcomer Ct (Hit and Run)
A vehicle struck a pole on the corner of Four Seasons and Beachcomer Ct. Following the crash the vehicle left the scene and did not report the crash. Officers located the vehicle the following day.