TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
June 17th, 2019 – June 23rd, 2019
Total Calls for Service: 271
- Officers issued 13 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 156 business checks were made.
- 4 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- DWI Arrest (Duck Road / West Tuckahoe Drive)
After investigating an intoxicated female subject earlier in the evening, Duck officers observed her driving south on Duck Road and made an arrest for driving while intoxicated.
- Firearm Recovery (Bufflehead Drive)
Cleaning personnel called to report a firearm found at a rental property after guests had left. Officers retrieved the firearm and are holding it for the owner.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Scarborough Lane)
A two-vehicle rear end collision occurred when a vehicle stopped at a cross walk to allow pedestrians to cross.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Acorn Oak Drive)
During the storm a tree fell at the above location and struck a vehicle. No injuries were reported.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Spyglass Rd)
A two-vehicle collision occurred when a vehicle attempted to turn east onto Spyglass Road in front of opposing traffic.
- Accident Hit and Run (East Dogwood Trail)
Duck Officers assisted in the investigation of a Hit and Run collision that occurred in Southern Shores when a pickup truck hit a SUV and fled the scene.
- Accident Hit and Run (Duck Rd)
A female subject found that her truck, that was parked in the driveway, had been struck by another vehicle. Officers found physical evidence consistent with a hit and run event. This incident is still under investigation.