TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
July 2, 2018 – July 8, 2018
Total Calls for Service: 208
- Officers issued 14 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 105 business checks were made. No unsecured doors were found.
- 5 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Accident (Pintail Dr/Buffell Head Dr)
An adult was hanging on the back of a golf cart traveling on Buffell Head Dr. As the golf cart turned onto Pintail Dr the individual lost their footing and fell from the cart causing serious injury. The individual was airlifted to Norfolk General Hospital for medical treatment.
- Larceny (Duck Landing Ln)
A rental bicycle was stolen from the carport area in the evening. The bicycle was recovered and returned to the rental location.
- Larceny (Lala Court Beach Access)
A rental bicycle was stolen from the beach access. The bicycle has not been located.
- Damage to Property (Poteskeet Dr)
Several address markers had been torn from their posts and vandalized.
- Duck Rd/Sanderling Inn
A 3-vehicle rear end collision occurred as drivers were stopping to allow pedestrian traffic to cross the road. No injuries reported.
- Duck Rd/Duck Landing Ln
A 2-vehicle rear end collision occurred when a vehicle stopped to allow pedestrians to cross at the crosswalk. No injuries reported.
- Duck Rd
A 2-vehicle rear end collision occurred as vehicles entered heavy traffic. One individual sought medical attention.
- Duck Rd/Snow Geese Dr
A 3-vehicle rear end collision occurred as vehicles were slowing to a stop for heavy traffic. No injuries reported.