TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
July 22nd, 2019 – July 28th, 2019
Total Calls for Service: 306
- Officers issued 25 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 180 business checks were made. 1 unsecured doors were found.
- 5 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Fraud (Sandpiper Court)
Homeowner hired a local handyman and gave him a monetary amount to repair a hot tub. The handyman took the money but failed to perform the work. The investigating officer is working with the victim and suspect to resolve the situation without filing criminal charges.
- Narcotics Violations (Beach in the area of Duck Landing Lane)
17-year old male was found on the beach intoxicated from the ingestion of hallucinogenic mushrooms. The male was evaluated by EMS and cleared, then turned over to his parent. Arrest warrants were obtained charging the suspect with felony possession of a Schedule I substance, misdemeanor possession of a Schedule IV substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Larceny / Damage to Property (Christopher Drive)
A report was filed for two stolen bicycles. The responding officer located the stolen bicycles on a neighboring street and returned them to the victim. One of the bicycles had been damaged.
- Larceny (Cook Drive)
A report was filed for a bicycle stolen from the carport.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Duck Landing Lane)
Two vehicle accident occurred when the first vehicle stopped to allow pedestrians to cross Duck Road in a marked crosswalk.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Oyster Catcher Lane)
Two vehicle accident occurred when the first vehicle stopped in heavy traffic and the following vehicle failed to see the first vehicle stop.
- Collision with Injury (Duck Road / Schooner Ridge Road)
A vehicle struck a bicyclist walking her bicycle as she crossed through the intersection. The bicyclist was transported to The Outer Banks Hospital by Dare County EMS. The driver of the vehicle was charged with failing to see before turning.