TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
July 1st, 2019 – July 7th, 2019
Total Calls for Service: 338
- Officers issued 26 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 195 business checks were made. 2 unsecured door was found.
- 2 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
• Breaking and Entering Arrest (Marlin Ct)
A highly intoxicated male entered a home through an unlocked sliding glass door. When officers arrived, they took control of the suspect, who had become belligerent. The suspect, 22-year-old Connor Lindsay of Sarver, PA was arrested and charged with breaking and entering. Due to the suspects level of verbal combativeness and physical resistance, he was held on a $5,000 secured bond.
• Injury to Property (Duck Landing Lane)
A female subject returned from the beach to find that the bicycle she left locked to the bicycle rack had been damaged.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Dune Road)
A cyclist struck a passing vehicle’s attached trailer as the cyclist was crossing Duck Road.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Road / Station Bay Drive)
A vehicle was traveling north on Duck Road in the afternoon when a deer attempted to cross striking the vehicle in the driver’s side door. The responding officer euthanized the critically injured deer.
- Property Damage Only (Duck Rd / Cook Dr)
During heavy traffic, a commercial motor vehicle failed to slow, creating a three vehicle rear-end collision.