TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
December 28th, 2020 – January 3rd, 2020
Total Calls for Service: 276
- Officers issued 9 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 134 business checks were made. 1 unsecured door was found.
- 0 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
• Traffic Stop/Arrest (Duck Road/Baum Trail)
An officer initiated a traffic stop for a vehicle displaying license plates that were registered to another vehicle. The driver admitted that he switched the license plates. During the investigation, the passenger of the vehicle was found to have six outstanding warrants. 48-Year-old Richard Idec of Grandy, North Carolina was cited for displaying fictitious license plates and driving while his driver’s license was revoked. 36-year-old Ashly Duke of Grandy, North Carolina was arrested on outstanding warrants. Duke was held at the Dare County Detention Center in lieu of $120,000.00 secured bond.
• Suspicious Condition (Trinite Drive)
Officers responded to an unconscious male passed out at this location. Caller stated she did not know who the male was but believed he may have been intoxicated and passed out on her porch. Officers located friends of the subject at a neighboring house and released the male to them. Subject refused emergency medical treatment.
• Duck Road/Station Bay Lane
Two vehicle rear-end collision. One vehicle stopped for turning traffic and the second vehicle failed to stop. Minor damage to both vehicles. Driver of second vehicle was issued a citation for failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision and having no operator’s license.