TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
August 23rd, 2021 – August 29th, 2021
Total Calls for Service: 214
- Officers issued 9 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 123 business checks were made.
- 6 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Domestic (Schooner Ridge Drive)
Lifeguards reported a couple on the beach arguing. Officers arrived and found it to be a husband and wife having a disagreement. It was found to be a verbal argument and the parties had separated before law enforcement arrived.
- Injury To Property (Sailfish Court)
Homeowner reported that several mailboxes had been damaged on the street the night before. Officers found that a total of five mailboxes were broken off at the ground. It appeared that the mailboxes were hit with a vehicle or golf cart.
- Death (Ships Watch Drive)
Police, Fire, and EMS responded to a cardiac arrest. Upon arrival CPR began, despite all efforts the individual was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Duck Road
Caller reported a collision that occurred earlier in the day after both parties exchanged information before leaving the scene. Caller was advised to call the insurance company.
- Duck Road/Sandy Ridge Road
Rear end collision with no damage to either vehicle. Parties exchanged insurance information and left the scene.
- Duck Road
Two vehicle rear-end collision at the crosswalk. Minor damage to both vehicles.