TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
April 30, 2018 – May 6, 2018
Total Calls for Service: 235
- Officers issued 19 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 111 business checks were made. No unsecured doors were found.
- 9 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
- Foot patrols have increased with the suspension of random residential property checks.
- 3 unsecured doors were found during routine business and property checks. No criminal activity found.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- Fraud (Sunset Bar and Grille)
- Management contacted Duck Police regarding a server adding money to her tips on charge cards slips. The primary report indicates at least eleven fraudulent charges were made since the restaurant opened in March. Further investigation required.
- Arrest (Duck Road / Tides Drive)
- A BOLO was issued for a male who discharged a firearm in the Corolla Food Lion, and then fled the scene. The suspect’s registration plate was checked through the ALPR database and found not to have entered Duck. Duck Officer’s observed incoming southbound traffic to locate the suspect vehicle. Officer Garrett observed the suspect vehicle and conducted a felony traffic stop with the assistance of Sergeant Clark. The suspect was positively identified as the driver of the vehicle he confessed to the incident. A warrant was issued by the Currituck County Sheriff’s Office. Officer Garrett transported the suspect to the Dare County Detention Center and served the warrant on the suspect without incident. A loaded .45 caliber handgun was seized from the suspect.
- Duck Road/Kelloggs Supply
- Two vehicle crash. A small SUV ran into a vehicle pulling a trailer. No injuries and only minor property damage reported.