The 7th Annual Duck Jazz Festival returns this weekend with the main event taking place on Sunday, October 13. Enjoy events and activities leading up to the Jazz Festival including special events at the Town Park listed below. Please click here for this year’s Festival Guide, and click here for a list of the many Jazz related events and promotions offered throughout Duck thanks to Duck businesses.
FRIDAY, October 11, 2013
- 6:00 p.m. Movies on the Sound on the Duck Town Green gates open for the showing of Disney’s Princess and the Frog. This event is brought to us by Outer Banks Children @ Play and sponsored by Carolina Designs. Donations will support our local children’s museum. Bring the family, picnics, coolers, blankets and chairs. Movie starts at dusk, approximately 6:45 p.m. Located on the Town Green at 1200 Duck Road. Parking in the Town lots.
- 6:15 p.m. A reading by Jazz headliner, Delfeayo Marsalis, of his new children’s book, No Cell Phone Day, set in his home town of New Orleans.
- 6:45 – 7:00 p.m. start of The Princess and the Frog.
Sunday, October 12, 2013
- 10:00 a.m. 7th Annual Duck Jazz Festival Gates open at 1200 Duck Road.
- 11:00 a.m. Music begins on the Main Stage with Carroll V. Dashiell, Jr. & The CVD Jazz Ensemble
- 12:00 noon Joe Mapp & The Coordinates, Amphitheater Stage
- 12:30 p.m. Peter Lamb and The Wolves
- 2:00 p.m. Take the A Train Through Jazz History, Amphitheater Stage
- 2:45 p.m. Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
- 4:15 p.m. First Flight High School Jazz Band, Amphitheater Stage
- 5:00 p.m. The Delfeayo Marsalis Octet presents “Sweet Thunder”
This is a FREE, non-ticketed festival. Gates open at 10:00 a.m. A picnic, beach chair, cooler, blanket, and/or pets are welcome. Umbrellas and tents are not permitted. The Town Park is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited. Please clean up and dispose of your trash and recyclables in the proper receptacles.
Food will be available for sale on site by local Duck restaurants including Aqua Restaurant, Sooey’s BBQ, Sunset Grille. Duck Jazz Festival T-shirts and posters along with Duck merchandise as well as individual band merchandise will be available for sale at the Town Hall porch on Sunday.
Many thanks to the many sponsors and supporters who have contributed to the 7th Annual Duck Jazz Festival. We couldn’t continue this free, community event without their support! Please stop by and say thank you to Sponsors at the Festival.
WHOLE NOTE SPONSORS
HALF NOTE SPONSORS
QUARTER NOTE SPONSORS
Duck Community & Business Alliance