TOWN OF DUCK POLICE DEPARTMENT
1259 DUCK ROAD ● DUCK, NORTH CAROLINA 27949
(252) 261-1112 ● FAX (252) 261-2108
Weekly Police Blotter
September 30th, 2019 – October 6th , 2019
Total Calls for Service: 216
- Officers issued 5 traffic enforcement actions during the week.
- 112 business checks were made. 1 unsecured door was found.
- 3 extra patrol checks were requested by out-of-town property owners this week.
INCIDENTS OF INTEREST
- CPR Save (Address withheld for Privacy)
Duck Officers arrived first on scene and began CPR on a 48-year-old following a witnessed loss of consciousness. Duck Police administered compressions, rescue breaths and administered one shock from the AED followed by additional rounds of CPR until Duck Fire arrived on scene and took over CPR and additional life saving methods. Both departments worked to stabilize the patient for air transport to Norfolk.
- Damage to Property (N Snow Geese)
The homeowner arrived at the house after being away for 10 days to find the roof of his house partially wrapped with white plastic. The plastic was put down by nailing through the shingles. The homeowner did not have damage to the roof and had no knowledge of anyone working on the house. A description on an older male and female driving a white truck are the only leads at this time.
- Drowning (Sanderling Area)
A 58-year-old male was pronounced deceased on the beach after being pulled from the ocean in the area of Pelican Way. Public safety personnel were unable to revive the male.
- No traffic crashes were reported this week.