On May 14, 2021, the governor signed NC Executive Order 215, lifting COVID-19 restrictions to reflect new public health recommendations.
Within the Town of Duck, the Mayor authorized the Temporary Accommodation for Businesses Subject to Covid-19 Restrictions on May 20, 2020. This emergency proclamation temporarily offered more flexible standards for the use of outdoor dining and display areas, tents, and directional signs. On May 19, 2021, this proclamation was amended. These accommodations will now be in effect through November 30, 2021. Amended proclamation
Key reminders regarding this order:
- The temporary accommodations for businesses have been extended through November 30, 2021.
- As before, the accommodations include outdoor seating for restaurants, outdoor displays, and use of tents.
- Tents require a permit prior to installation.
- Maximum occupancy standards still apply.
- For more information, or to apply for a permit, contact
- For questions concerning these provisions or state requirements, please email the staff listed above or call the office at 252-255-1234.
In addition to the Town’s temporary allowances, the businesses must comply with requirements in the current state executive order or County requirements and are highly encouraged to follow all provided COVID-19 public health guidelines.