The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has announced the 2019 Flood Mitigation Assistance Grant Program (FMA). These grants may provide federal funding to elevate your home to mitigate flood losses. Submission of an application is not a guarantee of funding.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following minimum criteria:
• The home must be your full-time primary residence.
• The flooring system must be able to be raised (cannot be concrete slab on grade).
• The homeowner must be willing to pay 25% of the total cost of the project. Historic project costs have ranged from $80K to $200K.
• The property must have flood insurance.
• You agree to a project completion timeframe of 2 – 3 years.
• You are able to relocate during construction.
If you meet these criteria and would like more information, a community meeting will be held on Thursday, September 5 from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in room 238 of the Dare County Administration Building in Manteo, NC. A grant application can be requested from Brent Johnson by emailing email@example.com. All applications must be received by the close of business on September 16, 2019.
For more information, visit https://www.fema.gov/flood-mitigation-assistance-grant-program.