CAMA Land Use Plan Update
View the Final Draft HERE.
Extensive public participation is a key component of the Comprehensive and CAMA Land Use Plan update and we want to hear from you, the community, throughout the process. Your thoughts, ideas, and participation are vital for the success of this effort. Over the course of the project, we will host several public meetings where we will ask for your input and feedback on the Plan as it is developed. The larger, more prominent public engagement opportunities are:
- Stakeholder meetings (May 22-23, 2019) – COMPLETE
- Online community survey – COMPLETE
- Public open house workshop (September 17, 2019) – COMPLETE
- View open house visuals here. (Includes demographics and public survey results.)
- Public comment period on Draft Plan (February 13 – March 18, 2020) – COMPLETE
- Public Open House – Tuesday, March 3, 2020 – COMPLETE
- Planning Board Regular Meeting: July 8, 2020, 6:30 p.m. – COMPLETE
- Town Council Regular Meeting: August 5, 2020, 7:00 p.m. – COMPLETE
- View the Council-accepted document here.
- Public Hearing for local adoption of the CAMA Land Use Plan: October 6, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
- View the current document for consideration here.
- Public comment period on locally adopted plan: Submit comments to the Division of Coastal Management
- District Planner Charlan Owens at 252-264-3901, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 401 S. Griffin Street, Suite 300, Elizabeth City, NC 27909.
- Approval by the Coastal Resources Commission – pending
Throughout the process, a Council-appointed Advisory Committee will provide review and guidance at plan development milestones. Appointed members and affiliations are listed below.
|Henry Blaha||Property Owner/Full-Time Resident|
|Jon Britt||Duck Town Council|
|Doug Brook||Property Owner/Part-Time Resident|
|Nancy Caviness||Duck Town Council|
|James Cofield||Duck Planning Board|
|Leigh Raskin||Wave Pizza/Duck Merchants Assoc|
|Ed Sadler||Duck Board of Adjustment|
|Jeff Shields||Seaside Property Management|
|Sandy Whitman||Duck Planning Board|
Town of Duck
Joe Heard, AICP, Director of Community Development
Jay McLeod, AICP (Project Manager)