Dare County, NC – As part of Dare County’s effort to fight the sales tax redistribution plan before the NC Legislature, representatives from Dare County met with state officials in Raleigh again this week. Commissioner Margarette Umphlett described the trip as a productive step in the Board of Commissioners’ ongoing effort to educate state legislators about the harmful effects that the plan would have for Dare County.
County and Town officials, joined by local business and industry leaders, will host a news conference at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 3 in the Dare County Board of Commissioners Meeting Room in Manteo (954 Marshall C. Collins Drive) to discuss the local implications of the N.C. Senate’s proposed sales tax redistribution plan. Audio will be streamed live at www.darenc.com (click the ‘Listen to Live Meetings’ link located at the lower left side of Dare County’s home page). The news conference will be videotaped and broadcast on the Government Channel (Channel 191 for Charter Cable subscribers) at 7 p.m. on Monday, August 3 and Tuesday, August 4. The video will be posted on the County website for viewing by Wednesday, August 5.
The following public officials and industry leaders will participate:
- Bob Woodard, Chairman, Dare County Board of Commissioners
- Paul O’Neal, Chairman, Currituck County Board of Commissioners
- Don Kingston, Mayor, Town of Duck
- Tom Bennett, Mayor, Town of Southern Shores
- Gary Perry, Mayor, Town of Kitty Hawk
- Sheila Davies, Mayor, Town of Kill Devil Hills,
- Bob Edwards, Mayor, Town of Nags Head
- Jamie Daniels, Mayor, Town of Manteo
- Niels Moore, Chair Elect & Government Affairs, Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce
- Colleen Shriver, President, Outer Banks Association of Realtors
- Bobby Outten, Dare County Manager
Click here for more information regarding the Senate Sales Tax Redistribution Plan might impact Dare County and the Town of Duck.