- This event has passed.
Fall Bulk Waste Collection
October 13, 2023 @ 5:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fall 2023 Bulk Waste Curbside Collection scheduled for Friday, October 13, 2023
The Town of Duck schedules two (2) free bulk waste collections each year. Collections are provided by Waste Management, Inc.
- As in past years, town staff will be conducting a drive through survey of items in order to communicate truck and resource needs to Waste Management. Please aim to have your items curbside by Wednesday, October 11 so that staff can send appropriate information to Waste Management to ensure efficient collection.
- If you would like to let us know what you’re planning to put out for bulk waste collection, we can use this information to streamline our drive through assessment. This online form is not required. We will use the form responses to compare to our on-the-ground assessments as we continue to look for ways to improve our bulk waste collection process. If you are interested, you can find the form here.
- Bulk waste can include all large items including televisions, mattresses, and yard/vegetative debris.
- Yard and vegetative debris must be bagged or CLEARLY tied into bundles of four (4) foot lengths or less weighing NO MORE than 50 pounds each. Waste Management does not use a truck with a mechanical arm and, therefore, the bundle MUST be manageable for a single person to handle.
- Vegetative debris left in piles WILL NOT be collected. See below for examples:
These materials will NOT be collected:
- refrigerators or appliances that contain hazardous waste (refrigerant/Freon)
- hazardous materials such as paints, solvents, chemicals, etc. (dry out paint and place in regular trash)
- building materials or demolition debris
- roofing, soil, rocks, concrete, and stumps