The Town of Duck’s Community Improvement Committee met on Wednesday, December 14, 2011 to award the Town’s 2011 Holiday Community Appearance Awards. This year’s winners are:
Residences: 103 Duck Ridge Village Court (Karen Power), 119 Sandcastle Court (The Wanders), and 108 Quail Way (The Grinnans).
Holiday Spirit Awards were previously awarded to the following Duck businesses:
- Barr-ee Station, The Waterfront Shops, 1240 Duck Road;
- Candy & Corks, The Waterfront Shops, 1240 Duck Road;
- Lady Victorian, Wee Winks Square, 1216 Duck Road;
- Osprey Landing Sound Front Shop Owners, Osprey Landing Shops, 1190 Duck Road;
- Savvy Home Boutique, 1211 Duck Road;
- The Sweet Duck, Scarborough Lane Shoppes, 1171 Duck Road;
- The Roadside Bar and Grill, 1193 Duck Road.
The Community Appearance Awards program is administered by the Town’s Community Improvement Committee (CIC). The Holiday Awards Program is part of the Seasonal Community Appearance Awards Program presented by the Town’s CIC. This is the sixth year that the awards have been given with the program being instituted in 2005. The CIC was created by the Duck Town Council on February 2, 2005 to preserve the Town’s unique character for present and future generations. Current Town of Duck CIC members are: Chairperson Lisa Mann, Beach Essentials; Member Allen Lehew, Duck’s Cottage; and Member George Grinnan, Town Resident.