Residential Solid Waste Collection
Collection days are as follows:
- May 1st through September 30th; Mondays & Fridays (twice per week).
- October 1st through April 30th; Mondays (once per week).
Please note the 2015 holiday scheduling:
Week of Memorial Day – Monday, May 25, 2015 and Friday, May 29, 2015 – No Collection
Collection to occur: Tuesday, May 26 and Saturday, May 30
Week of Labor Day – Monday, September 7, 2015 and Friday, September 11, 2015 – No Collection
Collection to occur: Tuesday, September 8 and Saturday, September 12
ITEMS TO REMEMBER
- Rental properties are required to have a minimum of two (2) approved solid waste containers.
- To avoid missed residential collections, individuals are advised to place the solid waste container at the curbside the night prior or on the day of collection no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Position the waste container with the opening towards the street, within three (3) feet of the road.
- A three to four (3-4) foot clearance should be maintained between waste containers to ensure that collection equipment has access to the container(s).
- Do not place construction debris, rocks, dirt, shingles, or concrete in your waste container, as these materials are too heavy to be lifted by the collection equipment.
- Health and safety hazards may occur if containers are overflowing and rubbish exceeds the container capacity. Please do not overload.
- Do not leave any trash outside of the waste container or it will not be collected.
- Once trash has been collected, the waste container must be relocated from the street to under or alongside the house no later than 12:00 midnight on the day of collection.
TO REQUEST NEW SERVICE OR PURCHASE SOLID WASTE CONTAINERS
Contact Waste Management Customer Service, 855.964.2845 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curbside waste containers (96-gallon, approved containers) are purchased directly from Waste Management by the property owner. Waste Management provides delivery of the containers to the property location but requires a 5-day notice. The cost per container is $90.00 which is billed directly to the property owner. The Town of Duck will not request, purchase, or stock waste containers for solid waste residential pickup. The container sales account number for Duck residents is 425-26029.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN REQUESTING NEW CONTAINERS
- Rental properties are required to have a minimum of two (2) solid waste containers.
- If your container needs new wheels, and the container was purchased from Waste Management, they will repair the damaged wheels.
- If your container needs new wheels, and the container was not purchased from Waste Management, you will need to purchase a new container from Waste Management.
- If your container has a damaged or missing lid, Waste Management will not repair so you will need to purchase a new container.
- If you are purchasing a new container to replace a damaged container, you must specifically request that Waste Management take your old container away, otherwise they will not dispose of the damaged container.
TO REPORT MISSED COLLECTIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH SERVICE
Contact the Town Office by email at email@example.com, or call 252.255.1234 between 9:00 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or call Waste Management Customer Service, 855.964.2845, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.