RECYCLING DROP-OFF POINT
The Town of Duck does not have a drop off location for recycling for residents or visitors since the Town offers curbside recycling service. There is a recycling drop off center in Kitty Hawk that is managed by Dare County where certain types of recyclables may be taken. Information on this center follows.
DARE COUNTY/KITTY HAWK RECYCLING CENTER
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Brown, clear, and green glass containers (no other type glasses)
• #1 and # 2 plastic containers (no other type plastics such as bags, lawn chairs, etc.)
• Aluminum cans
• Steel cans
• Paper (includes mixed paper, newspaper, envelopes, magazines, six-pack bottle holders, etc.)
• Cardboard (broken down/flattened and dry)
• Appliances (Freon does not need to be removed – they will take care of it)
• Any metal items
• Tube Televisions (only accepted until June 30, 2013)
• Turn west on West Kitty Hawk Road, across from Kitty Hawk Post office (approx. 4 milepost);
• Follow West Kitty Hawk Road; turn left on Bob Perry Road (small brown sign with “RECYCLE” and an arrow pointing left on shoulder of roadway);
• Stay on Bob Perry Road, recycle center on right (along with public boat ramp, picnic area etc.).
PLEASE NOTE: The Kitty Hawk Center site attendant will reject anything other than the household recyclable items listed above.