RECYCLING DROP-OFF POINT
The Town of Duck does not have a drop off location for recycling for residents or visitors since the Town offers curbside recycling service. There is a recycling drop off center in Kitty Hawk that is managed by Dare County where certain types of recyclables may be taken. Information on this center follows.
Dare County centers no longer accept tube televisions for recycling. To dispose of your tube television, you can call Waste Management to schedule a special pick-up (855.964.2845) for a fee, or put it curbside on the Bulk Waste Collection days (next Bulk Waste Collection is scheduled for Friday, April 10, 2015).
DARE COUNTY/KITTY HAWK RECYCLING CENTER
HOURS OF OPERATION: Monday, Thursday, and Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
• Brown, clear, and green glass containers (no other type glasses)
• #1 and # 2 plastic containers (no other type plastics such as bags, lawn chairs, etc.)
• Aluminum cans
• Steel cans
• Paper (includes mixed paper, newspaper, envelopes, magazines, six-pack bottle holders, etc.)
• Cardboard (broken down/flattened and dry)
• Appliances (Freon does not need to be removed – they will take care of it)
• Any metal items
• Electronics – not including tube televisions
• Turn west on West Kitty Hawk Road, across from Kitty Hawk Post office (approx. 4 milepost);
• Follow West Kitty Hawk Road; turn left on Bob Perry Road (small brown sign with “RECYCLE” and an arrow pointing left on shoulder of roadway);
• Stay on Bob Perry Road, recycle center on right (along with public boat ramp, picnic area etc.).
PLEASE NOTE: The Kitty Hawk Center site attendant will reject anything other than the household recyclable items listed above.