Duck Jazz Festival Brings a Week of Music and Events to Duck!
The Town of Duck looks forward to the 7th Annual Duck Jazz Festival scheduled for Sunday, October 13, 2013, on Columbus Day weekend. Plan to join us for a long weekend or a week to take in the many events and activities planned by local Duck businesses. Please watch this site as we approach October as updates will be added as we receive them from Duck businesses and Jazz Festival Sponsors. Thank you to our Duck businesses and restaurants for helping to sponsor and host the following. Remember, all events, promotions, and performances are subject to change and are weather-dependent. For specifics, please contact the establishment hosting the event.
Events for 2013 will be posted as they become available.
Monday, October 7, 2013
- “Is your dog cool?” - Salty Paws Biscuits, 1187 Duck Road. Celebrating Duck Jazz Festival by offering 20% off dog coats and doggles. Special discount available Monday, Oct. 7 through Sunday, Oct. 13.
Friday, October 11, 2013
- “Special Concert in the Courtyard” – Scarborough Faire Shopping Village, 1177 Duck Road. From 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Mojo Collins with his band Triple Vision will be performing a free jazzy blues concert in the courtyard surrounded by shops and eateries, elms and live oaks. Appetizers, wine, and cocktail beverages will be available for purchase at Elizabeth’s Cafe’.
- “Food Fest” - Tommy’s Natural Foods Market & Wine Shop, 1242 Duck Road. From 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Free sip and sample over 20 diverse specialty foods, wine and micro-brews.
- “Untucked Beer Tasting” – Untucked 1240 Duck Road located in The Waterfront Shops will offer a free beer tasting with Sweet T’s on Friday, October 11th at 5:00 p.m. Space is limited and reservations are required! Please call Untucked at 252.715.2553 to sign-up!
- “Jazz Fest Kick-Off Party” – AQUA restaurant & spa, 1174 Duck Road from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. on the deck at AQUA, no cover! Featuring live jazz from Sean Olds and the Church of the Eternal!
- “Party in the Yard” – the Blue Point, 1240 Duck Road from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. featuring Joe Mapp & The Duck Ridge Boys. Tickets are $5. Please note, tickets are limited and available in advance from the Blue Point.
- “Delfeayo Marsalis reads No Cell Phone Day” - 1200 Duck Road. 6:00 p.m. Delfeayo Marsalis will be reading his new children’s book No Cell Phone Day on the Town Green. Copies of the book will be available for purchase. Join the author and musician for some family fun to kick-off the Jazz Festivities.
- “Movie on the Duck Town Green” – 1200 Duck Road. The Princess and the Frog. Bring the family for a fun evening. Join Children At Play in the Town of Duck for a fun night with family and friends watching outside on the Green! Bring your blankets and chairs! Gates open at 6:00 PM and movie begins at dusk.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
- “Ducktoberfest” - Sweet T’s, 1211 Duck Road, from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sweet T’s First Annual Ducktoberfest featuring several seasonal special release craft brews on tap, music and snacks.
- “Party in the Yard” - the Blue Point, 1240 Duck Road, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. the Blue Point presents pianist Skip Hancock and the Skylark Band for an exciting evening of jazz and swing. Jazz Festival musicians will be jamming later in the evening. Tickets are $5. Please note, tickets are limited and available in advance from the Blue Point.
- “Craft & Bake Sale” - Duck United Methodist Church, 1214 Duck Road. United Methodist Women’s baked goods and arts and crafts sale.
Sunday, October 13, 2013
- “Afterfest with Yacht Dogs” – Sweet T’s, 1211 Duck Road, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Enjoy the eclectic sounds of The Yacht Dogs under the ‘big trees’.