Duck Trail Usage and Safety
Pedestrians, bicyclists, and in-line skaters share the Duck Trail. Motorized vehicles, mopeds, Segways, and the like are prohibited on the trail.
Please Observe The Following Safety Guidelines:
While Using The Trail:
- Use marked crosswalks.
- Pedestrians always have the right-of-way.
- Watch for cars entering and exiting from Duck Road (NC 12), side streets, and parking areas.
- Markers for each half mile are located on the trail.
- Pedestrians should slow down when being passed.
- Cyclists should always pass on the left and kindly alert those who are being passed.
- Clean up after your pet as a courtesy to trail users. Dogs must be on a leash.
- Follow all posted rules.
While Using The Trail In The Village:
The Village Commercial area is located between Four Seasons Lane and the Duck Post Office. In this area, the Duck Trail is located on both sides of the road and is not separated from traffic. For your safety:
- Pedestrians should walk against the direction of traffic.
- Bicyclists should ride with traffic.
- Be extra careful in this area when walking or bicycling with small children.
While Driving In Duck, Please Remember:
- Pedestrians ALWAYS have the right-of way!
- When entering and exiting from Duck Road (NC 12) onto side streets or entrance ways, be aware that you are crossing Duck Trail. Look both to your left and right and use caution.
- Please obey all posted speed limits and signage throughout the Town. The speed limit in the Village Commercial area is 25 MPH.